Views
Helpful
Replies

IPT Lock

amarmn1975
Level 1
Level 1

Hii experts,,,

I have a critical issue in my work environment, the users who use a charge calls need to lock there IPT NOT logout cause as you know the logout means that the IPT will be out of service, on other hand the Forced Authorization Code not excepted fro users specially VIP users ? Please can any body help me in this issue.

Regards..

Ammar

25 Replies 25

Majdi Harb
Level 3
Level 3

Hi Ammar

unfortunetly IP phone lock feature is not available for cisco IP phones, cisco says this feature hasn't reached a high enough priority among pipeline of many core features.

i think the best way to do to workaround is the extension mobility here is a good info from Sankar may help u for ur case:

http://forum.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/NetProf?page=netprof&forum=Unified%20Communications%20and%20Video&topic=IP%20Phone%20Services%20for%20End%20Users&CommCmd=MB%3Fcmd%3Ddisplay_location%26location%3D.1ddf0980

hth

please remember to rate helpful posts

/majdi

HI

Why don't you use Extension Mobility and a basic configuration on the device which authorized to make calls and security restrinct ?

The lock will correspond to the ExtensionMobility Logout and when nobody is logged in th phone as right to make some calls like urgent or what else you want

PLEASE RATE THIS POST

REMY

Hiii,,

I am sorry but can you make it more clear cause I tried to use EM in the a user device, and he must have a same DN but I can't make different CSC that means the DN will be shared and no benefit in this situation; Please if you have an idea tell me.

Ammar.

I found this service: http://andtek.com/communications-products-lockout.html

"AND Phone Lockout gives users the option to lock/unlock phones and prevent misuse. Locked phones have access to restricted services only (e.g. emergency numbers or security). Additionally the call information on the Cisco IP phones (missed calls, placed calls) are removed to protect the privacy of the users. The usage of the service is completely phone based and easy for the end users, so no additional training is required."

I contacted the company, and a 20 phone license is around $1300. Does anyone know of a similar service that's less expensive?

Not applicable

The ANDTek applications requires a server to be installed within the IPT network. search for "Cisco single sign on" with your prefered search engine to find other applications for single sing on with extensionmobility.

Checkout the MARS PC Sync & MARS Phone Lock/Unlock  Cisco IPT app in in http://www.parsec-tech.com

MARS PC Sync is an utility application which allows synchronization of the user IP Phones with his PC. In real world scenarios maximum users forget to log onto their phones while coming to the office and log out while not in the desk. PCSync facilitates automatic log-in while the user log into the domain through PC and automatic log out when the user logs out of the domain.

If the users locks his workstation for some work than simultaneously the IP Phone is also locked out. In this locked state only incoming calls and some select outgoing calls are only allowed.

MARS Phone Lock/Unlock is a utility application that allows users to lock and unlock their IP Phones from choosing appropriate options from the menu of the phone itself. Most of the organizations where the phones are identified only by their DN this is the option to go vis-à-vis PC Sync which is more suitable for EM users. If the user locks the phone than till the time it is unlocked it can receive all incoming calls and will be able to make a few select outgoing calls.

saikiapranjol,

thank you but I have some additional questions.

MARS PC Sync

this requires a separate sever, right?

what about server redundancy?

A user has to enter the DN of the deskphone to login?

does it only work with logon and logoff?

What operating systems are supported?

Do you have a link to the MARS Phone Lock/UnlockMARS Phone Lock/Unlock brochure? I cannot seem to find it anywhere.

thanx.

Not applicable

Not applicable

Not applicable

Not applicable

Not applicable

Not applicable

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: