Views
Helpful
Replies

trashed sip messages in debug....?

krille_com
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

When i debug my callmanager express i get this messages about 5 every time 10 seconds apart.... does anyone know what it is and why i get them? i am running sip to a ITSP

(I use: debugg ccsip all)

Jul 30 08:25:23.769: //-1/xxxxxxxxxxxx/SIP/Error/HandleUdpSocketReads: SIP Message incomplete, trashed

Jul 30 08:25:23.769: //-1/xxxxxxxxxxxx/SIP/Info/httpish_msg_process_network_msg: MSG LINE READ FAILURE DUE TO RS->EOF

Jul 30 08:25:23.769: //-1/xxxxxxxxxxxx/SIP/Info/ccsip_process_network_message: process_network_msg: not complete

Jul 30 08:25:23.773: //-1/xxxxxxxxxxxx/SIP/Msg/ccsipDisplayMsg:

Received:

Jul 30 08:25:23.773: //-1/xxxxxxxxxxxx/SIP/Error/HandleUdpSocketReads: SIP Message incomplete, trashed

Jul 30 08:25:23.773: //-1/xxxxxxxxxxxx/SIP/Info/httpish_msg_process_network_msg: MSG LINE READ FAILURE DUE TO RS->EOF

Jul 30 08:25:23.773: //-1/xxxxxxxxxxxx/SIP/Info/ccsip_process_network_message: process_network_msg: not complete

Jul 30 08:25:23.773: //-1/xxxxxxxxxxxx/SIP/Msg/ccsipDisplayMsg:

Received:

Jul 30 08:25:23.773: //-1/xxxxxxxxxxxx/SIP/Error/HandleUdpSocketReads: SIP Message incomplete, trashed

Jul 30 08:25:23.777: //-1/xxxxxxxxxxxx/SIP/Info/httpish_msg_process_network_msg: MSG LINE READ FAILURE DUE TO RS->EOF

Jul 30 08:25:23.777: //-1/xxxxxxxxxxxx/SIP/Info/ccsip_process_network_message: process_network_msg: not complete

Jul 30 08:25:23.777: //-1/xxxxxxxxxxxx/SIP/Msg/ccsipDisplayMsg:

greateful for any help

//Kristoffer

8 Replies 8

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Yes, I have noticed the same, however in my case the "trashed message" does not appear to have effect on the logic of SIP setup. These could be your periodic registration, check the status if succeeds.

yes it has been registred, and everything works for a while, then incoming calls stops working they don?t even reach my CME, (no invites in debugg) it?s allmost like the registration has timed out at the provider end...? and it starts working again when the expire timer in "show sip-ua register status" times out. those messages maybe don?t have anything to do with it at all...? but do you know how i can fix this problem. can i change the registration timer some how so it will registrer my numbers more often? this problem doesnt happen between every registration attempt it can work for hours sometimes, so it very wierd. but it always starts working after re-registration.

the lates change i remeber that i make was an outgoing translation rule, but it has nothing to do with this problem or am i wrong?

Sure, try a smaller registration interval that can be small as 60 seconds.

The translation-rule should have nothing to do with the above.

how do i change the registration interval?

It is a parameter for "registrar" under "sip-ua".

tryed to change:

registrar dns:example.example.com expires 60

60sec is the lowest but when i look at: show sip-ua register status it doesnt go lower then 1440 seconds default it was 3600..

so i still got the same problem

is there som other way to change the time between registrations?

Hello,

yes from another person I learnt that there are issues with the registration timer. However that is the only setting that I know about.

guilhem.perez
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

I've configured a CME with a trunk SIP to a SIP IPBX.

I met the same issue: "MSG LINE READ FAILURE DUE TO RS->EOF"

Do you succeed in solving your issue?

Best regards

Thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: