Views
Helpful
Replies

Switch Lose Port configuration after reboot

Ali Koussan
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have cat 4000 with IOS 12.2(25)EWA7 software, I'm facing a strange issue when I reload the switch ,the ports lose the VLAN configuration and goes back to the default Vlan.other configuration remains OK.

the configuration register is 0xA101 , is that OK.

Any one face this issue.

8 Replies 8

ankbhasi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Friend,

The config register value is wrong and should be changed to 0x2102. Try that then issue wr mem and reload the switch and see if it looses the config again.

Regards,

Ankur

*Pls rate all helpfull post

Hi ,

Thanks for the help , but if I use 0x2102 , I should use the boot system command , or else the switch will boot in rommon mode, right?

I have only one IOS in switch bootflash.

Thanks

Don't believe that is true , you can use a boot statement and it will use it but if there is no boot statement it will just use the first image it finds in bootflash .

Hi,

I have changed the config reg but when I reload the switch it goes to Rommon mode , and I had to issue the command boot after that the switch boot normally..

I check the bootvar but nothing is showing there.

what do you think?

I have seen some switches behave this way. Set the config register to 0x2102, configure the 'boot system flash' command and try.

HTH

Sundar

Hi ,

I set the config register to 0x2102 , and I configured the boot system flash , but still the switch is going to rommon mode when reset.

Notice that in my switch the IOS is on bootflash , not flash , so when I typed the command boot system , I dont have option bootflash , it is only flash , so the command I used is :

boot system flash cat4000-i9s-mz.122-25.EWA7.bin

What do you think?

hi,

is the below show bootvarv normal ?

BB#sh bootvar

BOOT variable = :,1;,1;cat4000-i9s-mz.122-25.EWA7.bin,1;

CONFIG_FILE variable does not exist

BOOTLDR variable does not exist

Configuration register is 0x2102

Use "boot system flash bootflash:cat4000-i9s-mz.122-25.EWA7.bin . Then you have to do a write mem before it will show up in the show bootvar command.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card