Views
Helpful
Replies

Campus Manager problem

iqbalkhan
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I have install LMS bundel common service 2.2. RME, Fault Manager Cisco View is running well. I can view desh Board from fault Manager. But when I browse CAmpus Manager 3.3 then no respond.

I configure Server Configuration > Setup > ANI Server Admin and can find out total device from discovery metrics.

but when I click topology view or path analysis then problem is launch deshboad and loaded ani server...and after sometime display X in left side and no ther dispaly. i install severl time but same occur. in another organization i have install it and there is no problem in topology view.

so how i solve this.

Thanks

Biplob

15 Replies 15

akemp
Level 5
Level 5

It sounds like you have either a missing client-side java client or a java version mismatch from the displayed X.

Hi

I guess that. but I download the lates java version and this java version other like cisco view and RME and fault manager good work.

so what i do i need solution

Thanks

Biplob

yet pending..

with CiscoWorks you should not use a Java version that you downloaded from Sun because CiscoWorks always relies on a dedicated version of Java.

do the following on your client:

- close every open browser window

- uninstall EVERY Java plugin

Now, if you have no Java installed on you client,

- LMS should provide you the option to download the actual plugind form the LMS server to your client when it is required for the first time (with some security settings on the client this could fail sometimes)

OR

- you can copy the plugin from the server to you client and install it locally

You can find the actual version on your LMS server in the following directory

C:\Program Files\CSCOpx\htdocs\plugin (windows)

\opt\CSCOpx\htdocs\plugin (solaris)

while installing the plugin, choose the option to integrate it with you browser!

take the one with the highest number, it will be the actual required one (some LMS patches will place a new version here)

Hi

I thinks your tips helpful, i check it out.

You tell me, as i am use common service 2.2 and CM 3.5 so i shoud use

?[ Java Virtual Machine (JVM) 5.1.3182, and Java Plug-in version 1.3.1.] which i get in document. but currently in cisco works server i use Latest java plugin 1.7.

so any suggation ?

Thanks

Biplob

on the computer from which you want to access CiscoWorks you should uninstall all Java Plugins; close every open browser window, then open the control panel:

Start -> Settings -> ControlPanel -> Add or Remove Program

uninstall every Software that is listed starting with 'Java 2 Runtime Environment' or 'Java Plug-in'

copy the highest version of j2re form the following path on your server, local to your client

C:\Program Files\CSCOpx\htdocs\plugin

the files should be something like this (depending on the patch level your CiscoWorks Software has)

j2re-1_3_1-win.exe

j2re-1_4_1_02-windows-i586-i.exe

and install the java runtime env.

If you are using your CiscoWorks server also as a client (accessing CiscoWorks form the browser on the server where CiscoWorks is installed), just do the same, remove all plugins as described above and install the plug-in by double-click on the j2re-----.exe file

keep in mind:

If you have other software that needs another version of java plugin to get accesst to you will have problems to access this sw from this client! (there could only be one plugin version in any instance of a browser)

You should always install the JVM bundled with CiscoWorks, downloadable from:

http://your-server-name:1741/help/cmf/jplug_install_ns_windows.html

hi

As per your instruction i do that. when i only install j2re_1_3_1 then mess come to correct display download Java vertual Machine

i click download but no work. but when i install jre1_5_0 then work accessable but same error come in campus manager.

thanks

Biplob

Thats because the portions that are functional do not load any java applications. The java applications are located within Campus: topology services, path analysis,vlan port assignement, discrepancy reports, all load the local java machine.

Here's an example from Campus Manager Administration for Vlan port assignment.. note the .jsp at the end of the URL:

http://machinename:1741/JSP/CAMPUS/campus/portAssignment.jsp

Grab 1.4.2_07 from here:

http://www.cisco.com/cgi-bin/tablebuild.pl/java2

You can only use the one supported Java plug-in with CiscoWorks. First, uninstall all currently installed Java plug-ins on your client. Then go to NMSROOT/htdocs/plugin on the CiscoWorks server, and get the plug-in installer executable. That should allow you to use Campus Manager Topology Services.

Hi

Thanks a lot. I can successfully done it.

after install JVM i done it. Thanks to all friend who are share their knowledge.

Thnks

Biplob

Is there any way to set up a variable in the OS to allow CiscoWorks to point to a specific Java version? I have multiple applications on my CW 'client' machine that use different versions of Java. Some require 1.4.x and some require 1.6.x, and they seem to co-exist just fine.

This can be done, but doing so would not be supported, and applications may not work. LMS 3.0 gets around this by no longer using the plug-in, and instead opting for Java Web Start which is a bit more flexible. It will allow multiple VMs to be installed provided you have at least 1.5.0_11 which is required for Campus.

Could you expand on this just a bit? Where/how do I opt for Java Web Start?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: