Views
Helpful
Replies

CCM 3.3 and 4.1 - support for ISDN BRI cards

Kane_CCIE
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I don't see the option to add the VIC2-2BRI-NT/TE card in CCM 3.3 and 4.1 as an MGCP endpoint. I select the Cisco 2811 as the MGCP gateway, and whether I choose to add the module in the VWIC slots, or in a NM-HDV module, the VIC2-2BRI-NT/TE is not an option.

Can anyone please help as this is urgent.

Much appreciated. Thanks.

2 Replies 2

Stoyan Stoitsev
Level 8
Level 8

MGCP BRI is supported in CCM 4.1(2) and later.

"MGCP BRI Endpoint Configuration

Cisco CallManager 4.1(2) adds a basic rate interface (BRI) endpoint configuration window on the MGCP Gateway Configuration window. The new configuration window contains configurable BRI MGCP backhaul parameters and hardware-specific parameters that you may use to configure a BRI endpoint on the IOS gateway.

Configuration Tips (for Administrators)

?Cisco CallManager 4.1(2) includes support for new network modules. (Refer to the following documentation for additional information.)

?This release provides support only for ETSI BRI basic-net3 (user side only). "

From this doc:

http://cisco.com/en/US/partner/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/prod_release_note09186a00802b434f.html#wp2034293

As a workaround you can set up your gateways as H.323.

BR,

Stoyan

Thanks,

I was hoping I could apply a patch or a service release to resolve this problem.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: