Views
Helpful
Replies

Update phone issue with CCM5.1

nonosensei
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have big issue while trying to update phones in CCM 5.1 : when I check the extension mobility to a phone and save, the following status message occurs :

Update failed. Could not insert new row - "duplicate value in a UNIQUE INDEX column".

Did someone have the same problem ?

Thanking you in advance

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi I had the same problem with and autogenerated file.Managed to remove it by

going to the device profile and under search options changed Find user to Find Autogenerated. This showed the adp profile that was generated. I was then able to delete it. Worked OK

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

Majdi Harb
Level 3
Level 3

do u encounter this error in each phone u add or just on one phone?

this error sometimes comes up when u add a phone with same unique value (like MAC) that was previuosly entered for another phone.

please check and update

The same for each phone.

The phone already exist, but it seems that when I check the extension mobility and save, the CCM try to add a new phone even if it already exist.

strange problem

i think u have to open a TAC

YEs I htink I have no choice.

thanks for your reply

I have exactly the same problem, but in my instance, it's only when we try to assign and update the Ext Mob profile on a phone which previously existed, then deleted and has been re-added.

Please let me know what Cisco TAC say, although I may have to open the same case :-(

HI,

I have found the solution, it works for me.

When a device is autoregistred, it gets a default device profile named "ADP@mac" of the device. So I search the default device profile associated with the phone I have a problem with ( your search the @ mac of the phone in the device profile search, with the search option positioned to "autogenerated").

You delete this profile, then your phone will get a new one, and you can add it the EM functionnality.

Regards

Hello guys,

I see that for the TS the problem is solved. The phones @my new customer are not auto generated. can you confirm to me how you solved this? The phone is giving me the error, update failed could not insert new row - duplicate value in a unique index column.

Hi,

My phones are autogenerated. I just delete the default auto registration profile and then I worked.

Regards

Hi I had the same problem with and autogenerated file.Managed to remove it by

going to the device profile and under search options changed Find user to Find Autogenerated. This showed the adp profile that was generated. I was then able to delete it. Worked OK

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: