Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS 2.6 - Network Topology Problem

sdawson35
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

On our Network Topolgy Layer 2 view all the connecting lines are in dotted red , I cannot find what this means anywhere (all devices are up and showing green)

Also we dont seem to be able to discover any new devices and have them adding to the map.

I am at a loss as to why. Can anybody help please ?

Regards

Scott.

6 Replies 6

jreekers
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Scott.

As far as the "dotted red" links go, is CDP enabled on all of these devices? It would appear not, if you're seeing those lines in that way.

Also, this would explain why you are unable to discover new devices. CDP must be enabled on these devices for autodiscovery to work.

HTH,

-Joe

Hi,

All devices have cdp enabled (checked from each device using sh cdp & sh cdp nei).

Have now found that the missing devices are in RME and Common Services but not in Campus Manager.

Wondering if I need to somehow delete the databases and start again ?.

Hi Steve.

I wouldn't jump to reinitializing databases yet. You should be able to perform a device discovery on these missing devices if CDP is enabled, snmp community strings are set, and they are reachable.

In Campus Manager, verify that you have good SNMP community string settings configured:

Campus Manager-> Admin-> Device Discovery-> SNMP Settings

Also, verify that you have seed devices configured:

Campus Manager-> Admin-> Device Discovery-> Discovery Settings

And then initiate another discovery.

See if those devices are then picked-up.

-J

Sorry..."Scott"...not "Steve". :-)

Hi,

Yup been there done all that still no joy.

Have installed Cisco Network Advisor on a seperated server and using a single seed device it found all the "missing" devices. So I now know something in LMS2.6 is screwed big time.

Hi Scott.

What type of devices are these? If you can give me the sysObjectID of the devices, that would be good.

-Joe

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: