Views
Helpful
Replies

Adding Service to a group of phones

Jorge.Severino
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I'm making a java app that connect directly to SQLServer DB on Callmanager 4.1(3). I want to INSERT directly some service to a lot of phones.

I identify the tables: "TelecasterService" and "TelecasterSubscribedService" on "CCM0300" DB.

So, i need the PKID of the device (i get it from "Device" table).. but i don't know what is "msrepl_tran_version" field on the mencioned tables...

?Can i just use NEWID() to this field?

?What is this field?

Thanks a lot in advance!

(And sorry for my english :D)

6 Replies 6

Gergely Szabo
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Greetings,

please DO NOT DO THAT this way. Inserting rows directly to the SQL server WILL (I repeat: it WILL) screw up the CallManager.

Use BAT instead.

Or, use AXL if you like some programming.

G.

UPS!

Ok.. i'll try using AXL...

Why Callmanager is so delicate?

Saludos.

Jorge

I guess by looking at how SQL Server DB replication works, you'd be able to figure out what to put in there.

However, you should consider CCM to be just like any other 3 tier system.. with the database being the third tier and a business layer in the middle. If you write directly to the database, you bypass the business layer, which means that you'll bypass certain logic that ensures a consistent database.

Starting with CCM 5.0, there's an axl command to write into the CCM database, and the schema has been extended quite a bit with a lot of consistency information.. you'll note that depending on which table, there's quite a bit of processing to be done to ensure consistency, which makes AXL a lot more attractive as all those checks are done automatically for you that way.

Thanks for reply...

You're totally right, bypassing layers maybe i'll lost the consistent of CCM database.

I'll try with AXL... i don't know how i must use it.. so..i'll be posting :P

Saludos!

Jorge

Just to make you scared, once I needed to create a lot of pickup groups for a CCM cluster with 2000 users. I figured out what the pickup groups look like in the CCM database and sort of added the new ones in a couple of minutes then walked away to have a beer.

Next day I found out pickup groups do not work at all and I spent a week correcting what I broke in a couple of minutes.

So don't take the chance, don't touch the CCM DB.

ok, thanks for the advice.

just one cuestion: you can drink a beer in your job? Tell me how can i work there! :P

Thanks for all replys!..

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: