cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

hiding an extension in CCM 4.1 from public calls

jose.jimenez
Level 1
Level 1

I currently have two extensions. One is for my desk area (2106) and the other is for conference table (2126). I would like to allow internal staff to see 2106 on directory but would like to hide it from the public. How can I do that using Call mgr 4.1

3 Replies 3

wdrootz
Level 4
Level 4

Manipulate the number in Line text, in phone config page.

Jose,

I am a little confused as to what you are really trying to accomplish. Are you trying to have people see your number on the directory but not allow people to walk up to the phone and see what your number is? If so, the other post is correct, just change it on the line configuration page of the phone, under the line text label section. If you don't want people to be able to call it from the public (externally), then you will need to change partitions. If you need other information, please let me know...

Scott

The user would like to screen the incoming calls and forward them to the appropriate extensions, but when he receives an outside call, his extension is listed in the directory and so that's what he would like to remove. Is it possible to remove it, but keep it for internal users? That's so confusing!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: