cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Feedback on project Off premise extension

jgittins1
Level 1
Level 1

I was wondering if someone in the group has ever come across the following scenario.

I would like to order a t1 channalized to the CO and have them mux it for me and run from the co a telephone line. The telephone line will ride a channel on my t1. Now i would like to take it a step further and configure the gateway with h323 dial peers and pointing to callmanager. Wonder if someone here has done that.

5 Replies 5

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

There is nothing strange about that. It is called integrated access. Part of the T1 is data, part voice. The router supports that fine.

Hope this helps, please rate post if it does!

is there any documentation on this

out there

No special documentation that I know, or you can search "integrated T1 access".

However under controller T1 you will configure channel-group for the data timeslots, ds0-group for the voice with the appropriate signaling type. Once this is done, serial and voice ports will be created, and you configure them normally.

This t1 will be configure for voice only no data so configuration might look like

controller T1 5/0

ds0-group 0 timeslots 1

dial-peer voice 1000 pots

destination-pattern 1000

port 5/0:0

Now you mentioned a signialing type how would i know what signaling type to use

do you have examples?

Why not request an ISDN PRI from the CO? If you do that, it comes in channelized already, has a D-Channel for signaling so you have 23 Bearer channels ultimately capable of handling calls if you want to ramp up...

controller T1 0/1/0

clock source internal

pri-group timeslots 1

trunk-group 1 timeslots 1

!

interface Serial0/1/0:23

no ip address

isdn switch-type primary-dms100 (or whatever your CO switch is expecting)

isdn bchan-number-order descending

no cdp enable

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: