Views
Helpful
Replies

CCM and CME integration, SIP

bamnocadmin
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

This question probably was asked many times, but I'm still not able to figure out how to setup a SIP trunk between CCM (v.4.1) and CME. I read all articles about IP-to-IP SIP protocol, played around with different setting, but no luck. Can you point me to the right direction? Example configuration will be very helpful. Basically I need to make calls between 4 digits extensions between offices and to route OffNet calls.

THANK YOU!!!

4 Replies 4

Not applicable

There is no migration procedure to move phones from Cisco CallManager Express to Cisco CallManager. You just need to configure the phones in Cisco CallManager and point the TFTP server address of the phone to the publisher server so that they register to the Cisco CallManager. If the phones use DHCP, then you need to change the option 150 value on the DHCP server.

If you intend to get rid of Cisco CallManager Express completely, then you might need to remove any route patterns that point to the Cisco CallManager Express. Also add the users to whatever voicemail system your Cisco CallManager cluster uses and remove them from Cisco Unity Express.

Rrjoas45,

Thank you for reply. I probably was not clear in my question - I need SIP trunk between the CCM and CCME. Phones will be registering on local CMs.

Thanks.

Not applicable

1) Create a SIP trunk in CCM

2) Create a Route Pattern in CCM that uses the SIP Trunk

3) Create a SIP voip dialpeer on the CME box

I would recommend running "debug ccsip messages" on the CME box. You can then see what SIP messages are sent for inbound and outbound calls.

If you do not see any SIP messages when you make test calls, then you know that the config of the originating device is the problem.

Hello,

Thank you for your help. I was able to create the trunk and I'm able to make calls between CCM and CCME.

Here is my config:

SIP trunk on CCME router:

dial-peer voice 20 voip

destination-pattern [area code]80823..

session protocol sipv2

session target ipv4:10.181.0.200

session transport tcp

dtmf-relay rtp-nte

codec g711ulaw

no vad

The Trunk on CCM is simple:

- Call Classification - OnNet;

- MTP - checked;

- Destination Address - IP on CCME;

- ports - 5060, 5060, TCP, 711ulaw;

- significant digits - 4;

Thanks!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: