cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

vpn group policy require firewall

WILLIAM STEGMAN
Level 4
Level 4

In the new version 8 on the ASAs, does anyone know if the list of built-in client firewalls is being expanded to include more vendors?

thank you,

Bill

3 Replies 3

amritpatek
Level 6
Level 6

Users who have ?dial-in? permission set in the AD/LDAP server are mapped to the ?Allowaccess? group policy, and the users with no ?dial-in? permission set are assigned to the ?No-access? group policy of ASA. The ?No access? group policy does not have the VPN-protocol set for WebVPN, which, in turn, drops the WebVPN session

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6120/products_configuration_example09186a008089149d.shtml

I think I have have been too vague in my original post. I'm referring to the list of firewalls Cisco has within a vpn group policy that you can setup to require a vpn remote access client to have in order to complete the connection to the VPN server. Right now there is zone labs, cisco built-in, custom firewall, etc. I'm wondering if there are any new vendors in the new 8.0 version of ASA?

Hi, I've just upgraded and there isn't any newer vendor types. Only a custom vendor. And I'm still trying to work out where the vendor id's are. Cisco, Blackice Sygate and ZoneAlarm are the ones listed.