cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

vpn group policy require firewall

WILLIAM STEGMAN
Level 4
Level 4

In the new version 8 on the ASAs, does anyone know if the list of built-in client firewalls is being expanded to include more vendors?

thank you,

Bill

3 Replies 3

amritpatek
Level 6
Level 6

Users who have ?dial-in? permission set in the AD/LDAP server are mapped to the ?Allowaccess? group policy, and the users with no ?dial-in? permission set are assigned to the ?No-access? group policy of ASA. The ?No access? group policy does not have the VPN-protocol set for WebVPN, which, in turn, drops the WebVPN session

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6120/products_configuration_example09186a008089149d.shtml

I think I have have been too vague in my original post. I'm referring to the list of firewalls Cisco has within a vpn group policy that you can setup to require a vpn remote access client to have in order to complete the connection to the VPN server. Right now there is zone labs, cisco built-in, custom firewall, etc. I'm wondering if there are any new vendors in the new 8.0 version of ASA?

Hi, I've just upgraded and there isn't any newer vendor types. Only a custom vendor. And I'm still trying to work out where the vendor id's are. Cisco, Blackice Sygate and ZoneAlarm are the ones listed.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: