cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Failed to Change ACS Database Encryption Password

carlos-baez
Level 1
Level 1

Hello to all. I'm configuring a Cisco 1113 device with ACS version 4 from the console and when I get to the "Please enter the Encryption Password..." part of the configuration it gives me the error on the title with any password given, even those passwords that meet at least three of the complexity requirements.

Any ideas?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

To recover the device connect to console and put the recovery cd in the device and reboot, that should give you the options for recovery.

Following link can help you with it.

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/access/acs_soft/csacsapp/csapp41/igse41/admap.htm#wp1045906

~Rohit

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

rochopra
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Password must contain a minimum of 6 characters, and it must include a mix of at least three character types (uppercase letters, lowercase letters, digits, and special characters). Each of the following examples is acceptable: 1PaSsWoRd, *password44, Pass*word.

It works great following the rule.

For further help try following link :

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/access/acs_soft/csacsapp/csapp41/igse41/instalap.htm#wp1065366

Hope this helps

~Rohit

Thank you for the response. I'm meeting the requirements mentioned on your response, even those same password given as examples and it still gives me the same message:

Please enter the Encryption Password for the Configuration Store.

Please note this is different from the administrator account,

it is used to encrypt the Database.

Enter new password:

Enter new password again:

Error: Failed to Change ACS Database Encryption Password

Strange ah!

Do you have any configuration on the appliance or you are setting it for the first time?

If this is first time make sure the name of appliance is not more than 15 characters and does not contain any special characters. I have seen appliance not acting properly is name is not setup right.

Else try recovery on the appliance and entering the settings again.

~Rohit

Yes, this is the first time setup. The device name consisted of 8 characters that included a dash, I changed it to 7 characters (without the dash), with the same results.

What is the best way to "recover" the device? I have the recovery CD but since its not configured I don't have browser access and when I connect to the console I don't get a response from the device. The way I'm connecting is via telnet. The IP the device got was from a dhcp I set on the same network.

I hope this helps!

To recover the device connect to console and put the recovery cd in the device and reboot, that should give you the options for recovery.

Following link can help you with it.

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/access/acs_soft/csacsapp/csapp41/igse41/admap.htm#wp1045906

~Rohit

I'll do that. Thank you! I will reply with the result fro the benefit of all.

I re-installed the image and everything went smoothly. Apparently someone before me tried to configure the box, which cause the error.

Thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: