Views
Helpful
Replies

What brand of analog phone to have MWI on VG224

kwaldecker
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I was wondering if anyone could recommend a brand of Analog phone that the MWI would work on a VG224.

I think the 224's can only support audible MWI but if they can do lights that would be great.

I have a customer that needs some analogs that can do the MWI on the vg224 and i do not have a brand to recommend. None of the phones they currently have (analog) will do the MWI on the 224's

thanks for any help

17 Replies 17

gogasca
Level 10
Level 10

VG224 does support VMWI on Analog phone with lamp (24v to 48v) light activation by frequency-shift-key (FSK) message.

Panasonic KX-TSC55-B is one that works.

http://www.sandman.com/messwait.html

Part Number: WAL2I

thanks!

I've been looking for awhile now to find somone that had one working :)

going to get one and test it out

thanks again

thanks again for the information :)

Do you have a vendor that sells these?

I found one, but not sure if its correct or not, it says its a 2 line phone

I recently purchased a "beehive" from the Mike Sandman at Chicago's Telecom Expert. I am unable to get it to work consistently with a vg224.

Does anyone have luck with getting these MWI FSK working with the vg224?

I wrestled with this for awhile. I actually found an AT&T 922 phone from Staples that worked for me.

I did here from a person I was working with at Teledex that cisco has fixed the FSK in this IOS version.

12.4(17.09)T

I have not tested though. Let me know if you try it and it works.

Also you definitely have to have the VG224 setup as SCCP instead of MGCP

Thanks! I definitely have the VG224 setup as SCCP, but I am running version 12.4(6)xe3. I will upgrade to see if that helps.

I noticed the FSK turns on and off properly on the vg224 when i refresh the MWI but the beehive does turn on/off consistently.

Mark

Mark,

Did you have any success getting this to work? If so what combination of code and MWI device did you find?

Thanks,

Dave

I did not since I am running CCM v4.1 and the VMWI is supported with v4.2 or higher.

Hi,

I have finally found a phone which does do VMWI on a VG224. It's a BT Converse 1300, so long as the MWI type is set to '1571'.

The VG224 is running SCCP on 124-15.T2 IOS on a CUCM 6.1.1 system

However, other similar phones in the range do not appear to work at the moment, Converse 1200, Converse 225 & Decor 1300.

TAC case open with Cisco. Watch this space...

Alistair

Alistar,

Can you explain what you mean by setting the MWI type to '1571'? Is this some command on the VG224?

Thanks,

Dave

Hi Dave,

No, the setting is on the phone handset itself. There is a selector switch on the back for MW1, MW2, MW3 & 1571.

Funnily enough, there is the same switch on the Converse 1200 as well, but no joy with that one...

Cheers,

Alistair

Hello Alijames,

Just curious whether you know how CUCM or CME sends MWI to the analogue phones, does it do via:

1.     Broken Dial Tone

OR

2.     Burst of Ring (PRINGLE).

Cheers,

Hunt

phillip-wright
Level 1
Level 1

TeleMatrix phones are working great for me.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: