I seem to have a bit of a problem with my 7206VXR Router.
I have a few customers (about 30 or so) behind the router on wifi, adsl and fibre.
Now when I do a speed check against a reliable speedometer, or I download a file from my own computer (which is not behind this router, and on a 50Mbit line) I get between 1Mbit and 1.5Mbit, both upstream / downstream.
I have a spare 7206VXR (old boxes, you never know..) and I get exactly the same rates with identical config.
I've yelled at my isp, rattled the warhammer. But they insist there's more speed available.
So, tonight I took my laptop, removed the router, and did a speed test.
30mbit downstream / 20Mbit upstream, with no router present.
So, I removed my routerconfig, and tuned it with a simple, down-to-earth config, and connected ONLY my laptop.
Intrestingly enough, this allowed an upstream of 20Mbit, but back to 1-1.5Mbit downstream.
So I removed ALL the NAT config, and placed my laptop on a public IP, further minimizing the config, but this resulted in the same terrible downstream speed. (still got 20Mbit upstream though.)
I've got no idea whatsoever what's causing this problem.
Under no circumstance does the router show any load:
CPU utilization for five seconds: 0%/0%; one minute: 0%; five minutes: 0%
These numbers are maybe up to 2,3 percent when all the customers are attached.
I also have a spare I/O card, the midplane with the PCMCIA card, and console port. I've tried to change that as well, and another I/O card (the fa3/0) changed that as well, all with the same results. (none).
So what I'm thinking, either the software dosen't support the NPE-300 network prosessor engine, or I'm a f#?%up with
IOS commands. On one of the routers I get BAD CPU_ID during boot, but only one of them.
I've posted a simple config, and the output of SH VER as well.
Does anybody see some simple stupid mistake / error here?
Thanks for your time;=)
Current configuration : 1007 bytes
service timestamps debug datetime msec
service timestamps log datetime msec
no service password-encryption
no aaa new-model
no ip domain lookup
ip dhcp pool test1
network 10.0.0.0 255.255.255.0
ip address 80.xx.123.2 255.255.255.252
ip nat outside
no ip address
encapsulation dot1Q 192
ip address 10.0.0.1 255.255.255.0
ip nat inside
ip nat pool ADSL-NAT-POOL 80.xx.123.2 80.xx.123.2 netmask 255.255.255.252
ip nat inside source list 8 pool ADSL-NAT-POOL overload
ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 80.xx.123.1 name Default_Gw
no ip http server
access-list 8 permit 10.0.0.0 0.0.0.255
line con 0
line aux 0
line vty 0 4
Due to 4000 letter limitations, I will post output of SH VER in a reply to this thread.