cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

3750/3560 IP Base & EIGRP Authentication?

We recently migrated a customer site from Layer-2 edge to Layer-3 edge by taking advantage of the EIGRP Stub feature in the IP Base image for the Catalyst 3750. We had tested the concept in the Lab and everything worked, however we didn't test authentication (assuming it would work?). When it was configured on site it didn't work, no adjacencies were formed. We played around with it briefly but couldn't get it to work so the workaround was to not use authentication.

The only explanation I can think of is that EIGRP Authentication isn't available in the IP Base image, however it is configurable. I looked but couldn't find any references to this in the documentation or release notes. Does anyone know if this is the case? We were using 12.2(37)SE1 IP Base on the 3750's with routed uplinks to a pair of Catalyst 4500's with SupIV's running 12.2(37)SG Enterprise Services.

Andy

5 Replies 5

mohammedmahmoud
Level 11
Level 11

Hi,

EIGRP Authentication is not an extra feature to have in the IOS it is there in mostly all IOS supporting EIGRP, you won't be even able to search for it in the feature navigator as a feature, so i guess that there might be any problem with the configuration itself.

HTH,

Mohammed Mahmoud.

D'oh - it was config...... I just checked through what we were attempting to configure and the penny dropped.....

I'll test this on a couple of switches and implement it next week when we migrate the 2nd site.

Andy

Hi Andy

Just clicked who you are :)

You'll be pleased to know no major problems with MSQ1 at present !!

Jon

I wouldn't have thought there would be :o)

I think our on-site guy is on a good number - has he had anything to do yet apart from a speed/duplex thing the other day?

Hope things are going well with you?

Andy

Yes, i'm not sure he had a login account for about a month so he probably spends most of the day surfing :)

Things are going fine, starting to get into design of new data centres. Should keep me busy for a while !

Jon

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco