cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Caller Input not working correctly

j.magee
Level 1
Level 1

Main # pointed to CTI RTPT which is CFWD ALL to VM pilot #. Routing rule for forwarded calls to point calls to Call Handler Greeting for Main #....Greeting gives callers choices to press 1, for Joe Smith, press 2, for John Jones and so on?.Up to this point all works well?.When I press any of the choices for the subscribers we go directly to the subscribers greeting?Caller Input is configured for Attempt Transfer and the Subscriber transfer setting is set for , Yes, Ring message recipient?s extension

What do you think?.Thanks in Advance

4 Replies 4

sposte
Level 1
Level 1

I would first check that if you dial the target subscriber's extension number the Unity does the transfer. If so the problem is the Call Handler. Create a test handler with the same Caller Input options and test.

When I dial the extension of the Subscriber the phone rings 4 times then fwd to Vm and plays the subscribers greeting?.I have been play around w/ all of the different config settings on the Call Handler and Subscriber and seem to work OK?Just the one that I need to work not working, go figure?Murphy was a phone man, I guess

So transfer works ok on the subscriber. Next step is create a test Call handler with the same options and confirm if it works.

Last resort: create a call handler which simply plays blank greeting and transfers to the subscriber extension - use that for the press 1 option etc.

Justin Brenton
Level 4
Level 4

Sounds like the call handler, i would recreate the call handler and see how that goes.