cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Monitoring MeetingPlace servers/application

john.luth
Level 1
Level 1

What are you using to monitor MeetingPlace from an operations standpoint? My company has MOM and SiteScope. To my knowledge, there is no MOM management pack, so we use SiteScope to monitor some basic things like disk space, CPU & mem utilization, ping test and checking for certain services to make sure they are running.

I know there is a MIB file out there for alarms from MP, but our monitoring guys are having problems getting it configured right. I wonder what tools other companies are using to monitor, and what specific things are you monitoring with those tools?

Thanks

2 Replies 2

Jorn Tharaldsen
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Have you heard of NimBUS? They have an excellent solution for CallManager, Unity.. nothing specific for MP, but if you are allowed to deploy agents on the machine, then they have solutions for monitoring, CPU, MeM, Disk, Processes, Services, Egentlogs, Perfmon counters ++ in addtion to network metrics.

check it out!

R

Hi Gary -

If you want to stay with Cisco for voice server management tools, we are using Cisco's Unified Operations Manager (CUOM). For example, you can monitor environmentals, system processor, hard disk, virtual memory; it tracks movement of IP phones (which is cool); we also have it sending us alerts to a shared Outlook inbox for monitoring.

Ginger

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: