cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Disable login prompt with Cisco aironet wireless card

jrensink78
Level 3
Level 3

I will be rolling out the Cisco aironet wireless A/B/G PCMCIA cards to some users soon. The profile setup uses PEAP with MS-CHAP v2 for the authentication process. When the wireless radio is on at the time of booting the laptop, the Cisco software pops up a separate login window when the user gets to the Windows login screen. I would like to disable this feature, but I can't seem to figure out how to do that.

Does anyone know how to turn off this feature so the users don't have to enter their login info twice or cancel the Cisco login every time that they boot?

I do have the wireless profile set to use the Windows login info, and would like to leave it that way for ease of use.

1 Reply 1

bcolvin
Level 3
Level 3

Hi

If you are using the Cisco Supplicant for PEAP you will get a login prompt as explained below. this is from the following link

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6366/products_qanda_item0900aecd801764fa.shtml

Q. Does PEAP provide single-login to Windows domains for passwords or OTP?

A. PEAP is compatible with single-login, which is a function of the client supplicant. Single-login function may be available with third-party utilities. The Windows PEAP supplicant (PEAP/MS-CHAPv2) supports single sign-on. Cisco's PEAP/GTC supplicant does not support single sign-on.

You say you are using PEAP/MSCHAPv2 so you have probably already read this.

I would make sure that the Cisco ADU is not configured for PEAP also and is not loaded.

also the properties for your a/b/g card have should have the "Use Windows to...." which it appears you are using

If the Aironet Desktop Utility is poping up a message it probably needs to be sett to manual load from automatic.

Bill

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card