Views
Helpful
Replies

2821 Not Recognizing VWIC

cyber-burn
Level 1
Level 1

Good Morning,

I have a 2821 with a VWIC2-1MFT-T1/E1 installed. It will show the card under sh diag, but not recognize the card under sh version. I've attached both here. IOS is 12.4.16 Advanced IP Services.

Am I missing something simple or do I need to open a TAC call?

29 Replies 29

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

have you configured "card type" and "channel-group" or "ds0-group" under controller ?

Unfortunatly I cannot get far enough to actually try to configure the card type or channel-group. When I go into config terminal it says that the controller is an unrecognized command.

Card type E1|T1 has to be configured before before controller. After that, configure udner controller. Also do not forget "network-clock-participate " and "network-clock-select" to avoid slips.

hi,

card type is a global configuration command, please make sure that you've added it.

[edit] sorry Paolo for replying didn't see your reply.

HTH,

Mohammed Mahmoud.

Sorry, forgot to mention that in the last post, Card type under enable gives an invalid input:

X(config)#card type t1 1 0

^

% Invalid input detected at '^' marker.

The post puts the marker at the wrong place, but it does not recognize card as a command.

Hi,

under where the caret is positioned in the error message ?

Please try card type t1 0 1

EDIT: second case that I see in which "card" command is not recognized. Too strange, at this time I cannot see a reason for that.

The caret is under the D in card.

Same in the below example from the command above (probably will be positioned wrong again)

X(config)#card type t1 0 1

^

% Invalid input detected at '^' marker.

The caret should be under the D in card

Hi,

I definetly thought I was going crazy. I upgraded from 12.4(8b) to 12.4(16) thinking that it might take care of the problem but it should have recognized the card as well.

hi,

While I was wondering what is wrong here, because the card command looks OK, I have noticed in the show version output that you have an ATM/VOICE AIM. If this is the AIM-ATM-VOICE-30, you should have to consider that it is not supported by the 2800 series, and PVDM2 shall be used as a replacement. This one may also interfere with the other hardware. Take a look here, the AIMs section: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/products/ps5854/products_qanda_item0900aecd80169bd6.shtml.

try to remove the AIM and issue the card command once again.

Regards,

Vasil

Vasil,

Thank you for trying to assist. On the 2821 the AIM/ATM module is integrated into the motherboard of the router. Unfortunatly it cannot be removed. When I get a chance I will open a ticket with TAC, but I haven't had a chance with today being the end of the month.

Hi cyber-burn,

Wud like to know what is the current status of the issue, did you issued the card command as suggested above. I faced same problem long back in one of 7200 series router with a 8 E1 port adaptor the IOS version was perfect even the sh diag used to show me the port adaptor but i cna not see im sh ver/sh run configuration, lastly while troubleshooting came accrose that global command "card"which made it thru immediately.

Thanks EM

Kindly rate all post if its infromative

Hi,

I don't think it has to do with the problem, but no ATM AIM is embedded in any of the 2821 platforms, please post complete show diag to confirm.

Danilo Dy
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Try loading IP Plus or IP Voice IOS instead, I use IP Plus and it works.

See this link http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/iosswrel/ps5207/products_feature_guide09186a008042052c.html

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: