Unity Call Transfer Ask Caller

Unanswered Question
Jul 31st, 2007
User Badges:
  • Bronze, 100 points or more

I'm trying to setup a voicemail box to "Ask Caller" when they get a busy. I understand you have to hit the VM box through Unity and not from Direct Dialing so I dial it from our Auto Attendant, but I'm just prompted to leave a message when it's busy. I've also tried setting the VM box to Always Hold, but I just get prompted to leave a VM also. Any ideas? Thanks!

Overall Rating: 5 (1 ratings)
eschulz Tue, 07/31/2007 - 08:05
User Badges:
  • Cisco Employee,

Here's something to check for... In order for these features to work, Unity must receive a busy signal when attempting the transfer.

If instead, for example, the phone is set to CFB back to Unity, then the transferring port on Unity will see the transfer as complete when the consultation call gets forwarded into (and answered by) the next Unity port.

-Eric

MikeTomasko Tue, 07/31/2007 - 08:10
User Badges:

I'm running Call Manager so I unchecked the boxes for VM for all the FWD Busy, FWD NA and FWD NC and that worked! Now what do I do when someone dials the extension directly? Or can you only have one or the other? Thanks!

MikeTomasko Mon, 08/20/2007 - 09:14
User Badges:

Just wondered if anyone know of a way to set it up so you can dial the number directly and get VM or to go through Unity. Thanks!

eschulz Mon, 08/20/2007 - 11:42
User Badges:
  • Cisco Employee,

Just curious, what version of the Unity TSP are you using? A while back (around 8.1, I think), there was some code added to help further protect against looped ports. During a supervised transfer, if the TSP detects that the IP address for the remote audio is the same as the local IP, then it'll try to recall the transfer. This wasn't specifically designed to help your case but seems as though it should.

-Eric

Actions

This Discussion