cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IOS to LWAPP Upgrade

kwonza
Level 1
Level 1

Hello would like to hear any feedback regarding an enterprise LWAPP upgrade from IOS. About to undergo this project and have check all references for infrastructure setup. All APs are C1230 series with req'd code. Looking for any unknown issues which you experienced during your migration. Thanks

2 Replies 2

Jagdeep Gambhir
Level 10
Level 10

Upgrading Autonomous Cisco Aironet Access Points to Lightweight Mode

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/customer/products/hw/wireless/ps430/prod_tech

nical_reference09186a00804fc3dc.html#wp23144

This requires a PC tool, which will generate certificates, and create a hash file, necessary to get the IOS AP into the LWAPP mode and recognized by the controller. I've attached the guide, which provides the steps to convert, or re-vert an IOS AP to LWAPP,

and will be happy to answer your questions or provide any other assistance you need. It is best, if your AP is in the same VLAN

subnet as the controller, and you will need a DHCP server on this network, to provide an IP address to the APs because this is Layer3. We can manage IOS APs on the c2006 and c440x platforms of WLC. Section 6 of this guide describes DNS and DHCP option 43 methods of feeding your WLC's Management Interface address to the APs.

Regards,

I am quite familiar with this guide and Cisco wireless. I am seeking any issues or unknowns which occurred during the upgrade. Don't want to be blindsided.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card