cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Call handler transfers calls to outside number from Unity Connection

3dperrier
Level 1
Level 1

Greetings. I am having problems getting a Call Handler in Unity Connection 2.0 to transfer to an outside number. I have set transfer options to Standard (no Off Hours or Alternate), and set Transfer Action to "Transfer Calls to Extension 95551234" where 555-1234 is the outside number I want to transfer to. When called, it says the extension is not available. The port monitor seems to indicate that it didn't try to pass the call to Call manager for an outside line. Is this because a call hander in Unity Connection cannot transfer to an outside line and can only transfer to a subscriber extension? Or am I doing something wrong? Thanx!

2 Replies 2

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Derrill,

Just a guess here, but it sounds like the call may be getting bounced by the Restriction Table (Transfer) which by default does not allow any outside calls. Have a look;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6509/products_administration_guide_chapter09186a0080557f28.html

Hope ths helps!

Rob

No, Connection can dial any number its allowed, internal or external.

Also, restriction tables don't come into play here - they only are checked at the time someone is changing a transfer string (or dial out number), not when they're dialed.

Couple things- how are you trying the number? ARe you forwading into Connection directly and expecting it to then transfer you immediately to another number? This wont happen by default - if that's the case let us know and we can help you work that scenario.

More likely you're dialing the number of the call handler from the opening greeting or the like. My first guess is you need a trunk access code in there or the ports that are assigned to the Connection voice ports do not allow outside access (this is not uncommon as a default configuration for voice mail ports to prevent toll fraud).

If it's not trying the number then the other thing to try is to use the alternate transfer rule - this over rides the other two and will always fire when active.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: