Views
Helpful
Replies

C2801 w/ 12.4(11)T3 T1/PRI DSP Problems

jmujica
Level 1
Level 1

Hi.

Currently I have a Cisco 2801 with a VWIC-T1 to be use for a PRI circuit. The router has 3 DSPs, 40 Voice resources on 1 PVDM2-8 and another PVDM2-32.

When I'm trying to add the pri-group timeslots 1-24 I received the following error:

%Insufficient resources to create pri-group - it has been removed

what can be the problem? I have enough DSPs for managing the entire T1/PRI. Currently the DSPs are in flex complexity.

Any ideas?

-Jose

6 Replies 6

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

What else do you have in the router ? What else is configured like transcoding, etc ?

Nothing else is on the router. Only the T1/PRI port. No transcoding and no conference resources.

TIA,

-jose

Ok. I got it working. I realize that the VWIC card was inserted on SLOT0 on the Cisco 2801 and that SLOT0 only accept VIC cards. So probably that slot doesn't have full visibility to the entire DSP farm on the router.

I moved the T1 port to another slot and now I was able to configure the Full T1/PRI with the necessary DSPs..

Thanks,

-Jose

Hi,

All the slots in the 2801 supports VIC or WIC cards. Something else must have been causing that.

Hi,

No the 2801 has two HWIC slots and these slots only accept the E1/T1 cards.

I had the same issue when installing an E1 card in slot 0

Jan

Thanks, I stand corrected, checked better and it is like that:

"Slot 0 only accept VIC cards"

As clearly printed on the faceplate.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: