Views
Helpful
Replies

NIC Teaming with multiple switches

farancci1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We are adding new servers in DC with NIC teaming I have to connect each NIC to a different 4500 switch. I know I cant configure EtherChannel in this case becase each NIC will be on a different switch. Any idea how to overcome this issue?

4 Replies 4

purohit_810
Level 5
Level 5

Hi,

You don't have to anything with Switches. That is the way utility takes care of teaming.

802.3ad Dynamic Dual Channel Load Balancing - enhances the fault resilience of a team by dividing the team members into two groups, each connected to a different switch. A team that spans multiple switches eliminates the switch as a single point of failure. This team type also supports both receive and transmit load balancing. Also referred to as Dynamic Dual Channel Teaming, team formation is governed by negotiation between the NIC and the switch ports. The Dynamic Dual Channel teaming configuration requires that the switches support the IEEE 802.3ad Link Aggregation Control Protocol (LACP) and that the server includes a license key for the ProLiant Essentials Intelligent Networking Pack.

http://h18004.www1.hp.com/products/servers/networking/teaming.html

Regards,

Dharmesh Purohit

%SYS-4-P2_WARN: 1/Blocked queue (tx) on port 3/3

%SYS-4-P2_WARN: 1/Blocked queue on gigaport 3, ( 8671 : 0)

keep it in the cisco world

mvd

Thanks Purohit!

That was really helpfull.

MarkDeibert1
Level 1
Level 1

CSCdx85649

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: