cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

This is my class project and a scenario from my teacher...

aslstrider
Level 1
Level 1

There is 280 computers in five different building. They need a router that has really good security included VPN with frame relay connection and there are three employment in IT department. None of them have certified in CCNA or CCNP. They have to contact outside source to set up or repair their router when it come to corrupted.

I wonder which Cisco router that has easy configuration with really good security that anyone can configure it without certified CCNA or CCNP? The price isn't their primary concern.

Thank you,

aslstrider

3 Replies 3

kjmattakat
Level 1
Level 1

look at the Cisco 2800 series routers with SDM (secruity device manager) support - should be a good fit and the GUI may help you with configuration.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/customer/products/ps5854/index.html

Or the 1800 series:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/customer/products/ps5853/index.html

How are your 5 buildings connected?

For your connection to the internet I would recommend a 2811 with the Advanced Security feature set.

Brian ": )

ccbootcamp
Level 7
Level 7

Price isn't a concern? In the real world, it's ALWAYS a concern! :)

Okay, you're leaving out the connections to the other buildings, #1. #2, what other type of services are we concerned with? IPS? What type of encryption for the VPN? If price doesn't matter, go with a cisco 3845. gives you lots of bandwidth, lots of cpu, and lots of options. Add an AIM-IPS-K9 and you've got additional IPS signatures. Add an AIM-VPN/HPII-PLUS and you'll be able to do AES 256 on huge pipes (1GB ethernet uplinks???) :)

Fun stuff.

-brad

www.ccbootcamp.com

(please rate the post if this helps!)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: