cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VPN site2site,EasyVPN & client connection

HDTTamHaiAn
Level 1
Level 1

I have 2 sites, each has ADSL static IP connection. At HQ, I use Cisco877-SEC-K9 and Cisco877-K9 at branch.

I configured the Internet connection, then try to make a VPN tunnel between them for HQ-branch site-2-site connection, and teleworker (with Cisco VPN client) connection.

+ I wonder that may I use EasyVPN? Is it support for Cisco client software?

+ If I use GRE-over-IPSec site-to-site (as on SDM), is it possible for Cisco client connect to it? Or I must create another tunnel?

+ If I want Cisco VPN client connect to our HQ, do I must create another tunnel? If so, what kind of VPN server I must make?

Sorry for dummy question, because this is my first time to configure VPN connection.

Thanks

3 Replies 3

mattiaseriksson
Level 3
Level 3

Hi, in this case I suggest that you use EasyVPN both for site-to-site and remote vpn. That will simplify the configuration. It supports IOS devices, PIX devices and the Cisco VPN client.

Only if you want to use multicast or o dynamic routing protocol over the tunnel you need to use GRE. With gre, you also need EasyVPN server for the remote VPN clients to connect.

Thanks for your reply, mattias.

If I use EasyVPN, can a non-Cisco device can connect to it? Such as an 3rd-party IP phone or softphone on PC?

With EasyVPN for L2L & remote, I must create 2 separated VPN servers at HQ or what?

Thanks for your help.

No, that is not likely. If you want to connect 3rd party devices generally you need to use standard IPSec with pre-shared key using a wildcard address, or certificates if they support that. But I don't know about IP phones.

With EasyVPN you only need one VPN server, it supports all EasyVPN clients, routers and firewalls in network extension mode as well as VPN clients.

You can also combine EasyVPN and normal IPSec tunnels on one VPN server.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: