cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ip source binding on cat6509

slava_ram
Level 1
Level 1

Prompt how to make on 6509 ip source guard.

On 3750 I did so:

ip source binding xxxx.xxxx.xxxx vlan x ip.ip.ip.ip interface Gi1/0/1 on 65 this command does not work:

MR(config)#ip source?

source source-route

MR(config)#ip source ?

% Ambiguous command: "ip source "

ios - 72033-adventerprisek9_wan-mz.122-18. SXF7

5 Replies 5

Edison Ortiz
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

What exactly are you trying to accomplish ?

If I activate ip dhcp snooping, ip arp inspection and ip verify source on cat3750 clients received ip from a server dhcp can normally work.

If the client independently puts to itself ip accordingly cannot work. That also it is necessary for us.

But for the active equipment which stands up for 3750, I register ip source binding, differently they are not accessible.

That is it is necessary to forbid for clients to put ip, even the from dhcp, but to allow some devices to have the static address.

The same to me needs to be made on cat6509.

help me pls :)

Hi,

I think you have to configure the ports which are allowed to set ip addresses by their own as trusted. So in that case the dhcp snooping, because both the ip source guard and DIA based on DHCP snooping or (static entries).

Hope it helps, rate if does

Krisztian

Hi!

In itself DHCP snooping works, I cannot make static records, there is no command ip source binding.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco