cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Disabling Broadcast administrator

joel
Level 1
Level 1

Is there a way to disable the Broadcast admin in Unity.

4 Replies 4

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

There's no way to disable the broadcast admin conversation, but I'm not really sure why you'd need to - the only way you can access it is if someone configures a user input key to point to the broadcast admin conversation - so if you don't map any keys to this then no subscriber can access it.

I don't have any user configured to go to broadcast admin, but all of a sudden all users get a broadcast message with the opening greeting.

my guess is that either unity does not recognize any extensions as subscribers so it plays the default call handler which is the opening greeting, or call manager is presenting an extension that the opening greeting has and the call is going there, or even you might have a routing rule that is takeing to there.

There are many ways to get taken to the opening greeting (which is not a broadcast message).

My real guess without looking at the system at all is that somehow the subscribers lost the Unity subscriber properties in AD and Exchange so Unity does not recognize the extension when presented by callmanager, so the call would be sent to the opening greeting.

are they in the sa in subscribers?

rlp.

This is a Unity connection server.

THE ISSUE IS FIXED NOW.

somewhere in my CallHandler's closed greeting it says take a message and the Message settings show that the Message recipient for that Handler is the "All voicemail users" Distribution list.

Thanks for the tips!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: