cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IPCC-Callmanager Redundant

Hi all,

Any one know how to deploy IPCC and Callmanager with redundant

I know that Callmanager have publisher and subscriber

But i don't know IPCC have any redundant solution?

THanks for help

Vote 5* for your help

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

IPCC Express configuration, prompts and scripts are stored in the CallManager LDAP profile that IPCC Express uses. If you have updated all the prompts and scripts in CallManager LDAP you won't have problems.

Hope this helps,

Juan Luis

View solution in original post

13 Replies 13

lpezj
Level 7
Level 7

Hi,

IPCC Express, versions 4.0 and 5.X, has a redundant solution, called HA, High Availability. You have got two servers in a high avalilability deployment for processing agents. One of the servers are active and the other server is waiting for an error from the first one. If the main server fails the second is activated and all the CAD are redirected to the second server.

You will need to purchase the HA license for IPCC Express Enhanced or Premium. In the Standard pack this HA solution is not supported.

Hiope this helps,

Juan Luis

Do you know where I can find the guide for installing HA server?? steps to doing this I can find it anywhere on the web site does not seem to be in the install guide.

Thanks

Gergely Szabo
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hello,

it would be very important to know what kind of IPCC we are talking about. Cisco offers two IPCC solutions:

1. IPCC Enterprise: redundant by design (Side A and Side B; for those who will argue you can build a Side A only solution, I would recommend to read the latest docs on ICM; Cisco will not allow you to build a single side solution)

2. IPCC Express: starting with version 4.0, there is an option for High Availability (HA); which is sort of a hot standby solution - this is optional though.

Actually, you can even do a "cross-redundancy" IPCC with CallManager: you can set the IPCC node(s) to communicate with two CallManagers. For instance you have CallManager1 and CallManager2 and IPCC1 and IPCC2 servers (~nodes).

Redundancy at CallManager level: by default.

Now, you can set both IPCC1 and IPCC2 to use High Availability.

And you can even set the IPCC "cluster" to communicate with both of the CallManagers... So if either server goes down (and there is at least one server in the CCM or IPCC cluster available), then the functionality will remain...

G.

Thanks,

vote 5* for your help

I use IPCC Express Enhancened, and without HA.

Do you know other solution for IPCC redundant without High Availability?

Now, i deploy CCM with redundant, CCM1 A as publisher, server CCM2 B as subscriber, and all data (phone, route point, CTI port,...)on 2 server is same.

IPCC is install with 2 CTI manager A,B

IP Phone is install with 2 TFTP server A,B.

System and service is run normally.

But when i turn off CCM A, and wait for long time:

- IP Phone is unable to register with CCM B

- IPCC not work, when i call to CTI Route point, i hear busy signal

Any one can help?

Thanks

Hi,

In CallManager you have to create a CallManager Group with the two CalLmanagers. First, the subscriber. Then in the Device Pools associate the CallManager Group with the one that you have created. With this action you will have Callmanager redundancy for the phones.

In IPCC Express, you have to setup in the JTAPI provider and in the RmCm provider the two CallManager IPs o names, separate by commas. You have to do the same process in IPCC Express regarding the LDAP set up configuration in AppAdmin web page. With these actions you will have CallManager redundancy for IPCC Express.

You can use a cold standby server for IPCC Express redundancy.

Hope this helps,

Juan Luis

Thanks lpezj,

Vote 5* for you

I will try it tomorrow

What is cold standby server for IPCC Express redundancy? Note that i didn't buy HA solution, explain more about IPCC Express redundancy.

Hi,

A Cold Standby server simply is a server wuth the IPCC Express software and configuration set up and when your main server fails, you plug the server in the net and power it on.

You have to mantain the configuration and historical data on the cold stand by server. It is not an elegant solution, but it is cheaper.

Regards,

Juan Luis

Thanks,

But when install Cold Standby server, in addition copy SQL database, where is configuration is locate?

Hi,

IPCC Express configuration, prompts and scripts are stored in the CallManager LDAP profile that IPCC Express uses. If you have updated all the prompts and scripts in CallManager LDAP you won't have problems.

Hope this helps,

Juan Luis

Thanks Juan Luis,

I installed Server 1 with Callmanager and IPCC and config it to run normally.

After that i install server 2 with IPCC + CallManager but not config anything

As I understand, all step is:

- With Callmanager: Copy SQL database from 1 to 2, where is config file of IP Phone, media source....?

- With IPCC: Copy LDAP Profile from 1 to 2 ? Where is LDAP Profiles?

Is that all step to server 2 run normally when i change IP 2 ->1 ?

Thanks alot

Hi,

I think that the best thing you can do to get all your CallManager configuration from the old system to the new one is make a BARS backup in the old system, and restore the configuration. You need to have the same CallManager version in both systems.

After that, you can install IPCC Express normally. In the IPCC Express set up process, the installer asks you about that profile you would like to use. The select the profile stores in CallManager. The LDAP profiles are stored in CallManager. That profile contains all the information about IPCC Express.

Hope this helps,

Juan Luis

Thank Juan Luis,

Help it can restore all configuration

But where is media source file, music on hold, prompt, script ... Is there any other file?

You must backup the 'wav' files of IPCC Express, but I think that there are no more special files.

Hope this helps,

Juan Luis

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: