Views
Helpful
Replies

Ciscoworks 2000 email notification

islam.irshaid
Level 1
Level 1

Dear all,

Could you please inform me if i can receive email notification from Ciscoworks2000 such as RME , Availability,and Interfaves Status.

Best Regards

5 Replies 5

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The Device Fault Manager component of LMS can send emails when a device or interface becomes unreachable. RME can send emails upon reception of syslog messages, job status, and network changes (such as config or inventory changes). It sounds like you would be more interested in the DFM notifications, though.

Thank you very much for your cooperations, but about me i have Ciscoworks 2000 not LMS,so could you please help me ??

CiscoWorks 2000 is the old name for LMS. You have some of the same components that ship with the current CiscoWorks LAN Management Solution, just older versions. Therefore, some of what I said previously still applies. However, in order to help you further, I need to know exactly what versions and what applications you have.

Kindly be informed with the following, The installed application and versions:

CiscoWorks Common Services with SP2 2.2

Internetwork Performance Monitor 2.5

Resource Manager Essentials with Update 1 3.5

Resource Manager Essentials Incremental Device Support 3.5

Regards

Okay, so it looks like you have the Routed WAN bundle. Without DFM, you can still rely on syslog messages from devices to tell you about certain events. However, if the device is in a state where it cannot send the messages, then RME will not notify you that the device is unreachable like DFM would have.

To get email notifications from syslog messages, you will need to configure an Automated Action. Consult the RME online help for an example on how to do this.