Certification Advice

Unanswered Question
Aug 1st, 2007

(Posted this in Training, think it belongs more on this forum)

Hi everyone,

I have about 4 years experience in networking, Linux Servers, and related fields. I just cleared my CCNA in two parts, ICND 811, and Intro 821.

The question is, what happens now? The testing center guys said the certificate will be in the mail. Is there any way to look my status online?

Another question: I wanted to do CCIE R&S, right away, without doing a CCNP. Is it doable if I put in about a years worth of early morning/evening study, along with getting my own lab and workbooks etc?

Would appreciate some advice,

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 5 (1 ratings)
mark.j.hodge Wed, 08/01/2007 - 10:28

Yes you can check the status of your certificatgion online, there should be a link in the pannel to the right entitled "Certification Tracking System Tool"

CCIE has a reputation as a difficult certificate to obtain. The amount of work required depends upon the individual. IMHO If you intend to get the workbooks / study guides / lab equipment the attitional cost of the 4 exams to pass CCNP should justify being able to guage your progress.

prasenjitmedhi Wed, 08/01/2007 - 23:46

Hmm, it gives me a user not recognized error, when I try to get a new password on the certification tracking system tool. Its only been 2 days since I passed the ICND portion of the 2 exam CCNA track, though.

Guess I'll wait a few days then put up a help request on the certification help, or give them a call.

Regarding the CCIE/CCNP, having a CCNP as a credential wont hurt me, I guess. And you have a point there. If Im going to be spending 20K+ USD on the lab setup and the workbooks, why not splurge an extra 2k or so on the exams, since it will really give me a feel for how ready I am for the CCIE. Taking the logic further, why not use dynagen/Boson simulators, get my CCNP in a few months, and perhaps a PMP, save a lot of money, then decide whether I want to slog for a year or two to get my CCIE ..

At least I'd have the intermediate cert in hand.

But you know what? Just the lure of the dream of having a single, then perhaps a double or even a triple CCIE cert gets my geek blood pumped lol.

This Discussion