Views
Helpful
Replies

sip-ua and multiple registrations with itsp

anthonyfear
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All

I've successfully registered cme with my itsp using authentication command under sip-ua. However I'd like to register some additional accounts with the same itsp.

I'm using the credentials command under sip-ua and the accounts are registering succcessfully which I can see with a show sip register status. Also incoming calls are working as planned. However for some reason only the extension that matches the username in the authentication command is able to make outgoing calls. All other extentions get 403 error. However if I remove all the credentials entries and only leave the original authentication command then all extentions can make outgoing calls.

Here is a snippet of my config

sip-ua

credentials username 1301 password **** realm asterisk

credentials username 1302 password **** realm asterisk

credentials username 1303 password **** realm asterisk

authentication username 1304 password ****

ephone-dn 1 dual-line

number 1301

blah, blah

2 Replies 2

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Anthony,

You have just met another limit of the (poor) way SIP-UA is coded in IOS. You cannot have multiple authentication entries, plus when there is a credential entry, it will insist on applying that even for outgoing calls.

No surprise "credentials" was an hidden command until few releases ago, it must have been by shame.

are you saying there is no solution to this issue?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: