Views
Helpful
Replies

pix command authorization set

kirti_bapat
Level 1
Level 1

hi all,

can someone please tell me the use of pix command authorization set on acs. i understand the use of shell command authorization.

i am sorry if the question is too silly. i am completely new to this area.

thanks in advance.

regards

kirti.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

rochopra
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Pix command authorization set was initially created to configure command authorization with PIX/FWSM, as pix shell was different from IOS, but when the actual code was launched, PIX/FWSM seemed to be working fine with Shell command auth sets.

So no one is actually interested to use Pix shell anymore, moreover looking at new codes of pix it seems that developers are more inclined making Pix Shell same IOS shell, so even if they discontinue PIX command sets in next version of ACS I will not be surprised.

~Rohit

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

rochopra
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Pix command authorization set was initially created to configure command authorization with PIX/FWSM, as pix shell was different from IOS, but when the actual code was launched, PIX/FWSM seemed to be working fine with Shell command auth sets.

So no one is actually interested to use Pix shell anymore, moreover looking at new codes of pix it seems that developers are more inclined making Pix Shell same IOS shell, so even if they discontinue PIX command sets in next version of ACS I will not be surprised.

~Rohit

thanks for ur reply. it cleared up my doubts.

regards

kirti

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: