cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IPCC Training advice

SBCdd7343
Level 1
Level 1

I'd like to know what level of competency does one need with Java and HTML in order to truly become an IPCC scripting guru? Also, what other skills are needed to be able to design high end scripts that customers typicall ask for. I have no programming experience and am interested to know if becoming an IPCC guru is achievalbe without learning java, html.

Any additional advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

2 Replies 2

Gergely Szabo
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hello,

you actually don't need any Java and/or HTML knowledge at all if you want to become an IPCCX/IPCCE guru.

What you need, though:

- take the ICM/IPCC boot camp

- take the IPCCX training

Around 3 weeks altogether.

One can learn IPCC Express rather easily, it's not that difficult as IPCC Enterprise. I recommend you to install a CallManager and IPCC Express on the same machine (collocated), and start writing basic IVR menus (see the IPCC Express scripting guide). Once you have set up CallManager and IVR correctly, you can start playing with resources, skills etc.

Almost everything is WYSIWYG. :-)

Then the difficult part: you have to understand how ICM works. Once you got it, you can build your own IPCC Enterprise system.

Good luck.

dford333
Level 1
Level 1

some of what netbaker says is true, but it all depends on your current IT knowledge, sinc ehaving a full understanding of Callmanager and Unity plus IPCC express, IP IVR and IP queue manager will take a substantial amt of time.

I have completed everything except IPCC enterprise. but express can take you some time to understand how everything is integrated.

just reading this will not help you alone you need to work with all these and write scripts, and see how thingsdont work may/can fail and provided another solution to your topology