cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unable to dial 911 on H323 Gateway after converting from MGCP

dmckelvey
Level 1
Level 1

We recently converetd a few of our gateways over from MGCP to H323 because FXO's ports do not support caller ID.

Overall, the process has gone well. We just found out that we are unable to dial 911. The calls matched a dial-peer and it routed out the proper however we get the following message "we sorry your call can not be completed as dialed please check your number and dial again"

I added a special 911 dial-peer and it still did the same thing. With our MGCP's gateways it works fine. No changes were made to route patterns.

I think it is with the gateway but I can't find it! Thanks!

2 Replies 2

gogasca
Level 10
Level 10

Mmm...that message looks coming from annunciator, please do a debug voice ccapi ino and debug h225 q931 and see how many digits CCM is sending and which outgoing dial-peer is being matched. If you can upload them will be good.

It may be a dial-peer config in which we are not sending the proper digits etc...

I think I found the issue. You were right. All the digits were not being forwared out the gateway. I addeded the "forward-digits all" command to the dial-peers associated with the voice ports.

dial-peer voice 1 pots

preference 1

destination-pattern 9T

progress_ind setup enable 3

progress_ind progress enable 8

incoming called-number .

port 0/1/0

forward-digits all

I was wondering. Is it better to create special 911 dial-peers or just add the "forward-digits all" command on my current dial-peers. Can the "forward-digits all" command adversely affect other call processing since I didn't have it before? Thanks!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: