Views
Helpful
Replies

GLBP - Round Robin

sugiowono
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have configured GLBP in my both router using round robin method. And I do the monitoring on my link. There is a lot difference usage of the both link, so i assume GLBP is not the packet switching balancing. Do GLBP support for packet switching balancing? How to configure that?

regards,

Sugiowono

1 Reply 1

ruesch-eng
Level 1
Level 1

You are correct that round robin is not doing packet switching balancing. With round robin each Virtual Forwarder MAC address is used sequentially in ARP replies for the virtual IP address. So, if the first device that ARPs sends a lot more traffic than the second device that APRs, you will see more traffic on the one link. You cannot do packet switching load balancing using GLBP. You can do weighted or host dependent to make your traffic flows more even. See this link:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/products/ps6600/products_data_sheet0900aecd803a546c.html

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card