Views
Helpful
Replies

CCM Gateway setup.

examples20001
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I am using CCM 4.0 and my VG is 3745 router. Initially I had only one Voice Interface Card in my VG 3745 router for 23 channels/ports.

Now I installed one more Voice Interface Card in my VG 3745 router for more 23 channels/ports.

How can I change update my current CCM gateway setup to increase the Voice Interface Card selection?

8 Replies 8

Majdi Harb
Level 3
Level 3

i assume u have configured ur new gateway for the new T1 in the GW part, now in ur CCM admin page, u have to add this gateway, go to Device -> Gateway -> ur 3745 gateway -> besides subunit u will find like two ports -> configure the new gateway (the new t1 card) settings.

then under call routing - route hunt - route group add this new port (new t1) in ur existing route group

now calls will be circulated (default) between the two t1's

hth

/majdi

alternative (preferred if you are using H323 protocol in your VG), use Trunk group configuration:

1. at the global, enter: trunk group

2. under trunk group config, choose the scheme: hunt-scheme (just select the hunting selection per trunk group member, type ? to list)

3. optionally, you can limit the number of calls in this trunk group: max-call voice

4. once the you defined a trunk group, apply it into the dial-peer (say, going to PSTN): trunk-group . the preference will determine the order of VG's selection. the lower the most preferred.

thanks for remark edison, yes i assumed MGCP GW.

Greetings

/majdi

hi,

I am using H323 between my VG and CCM.

Is their any config need to done in CCM other than in VG router?

Attached file is the VG config.

no other config in ccm required (assuming the 2 T1s have the same expected digits when receiving/sending digits). it uses the existing h323 gateway device in ccm and all existing Route patterns pointing to your gateway.

hope this help.

Cheers!

from your configuration, the outgoing dial-peers should be okay. by adding preference command to your second dial-peer, VG will forward all calls to port 1/0. if all ports are busy, h323 gateway will automatically use the T1 in 2/0.

by using trunk group hunt scheme, you can manipulate the selection of the ports.

Currently my CCM is showing as 23 channels for both of my VG routers, but actually I have 46 channels in each (92 channels total).

Why the CCM is using only the 23 channels of primary VG router?

From my CCM report status, it is showing only 23 channels for my VG router, but actually my VG router has got 46 channels (46*2=92 channels total).

Why is it so? Is any config need to done in CCM?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: