Views
Helpful
Replies

ccme, call-forward with sip

krille_com
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

im running callmanager express 4.1 with sip trunk to ITSP.

now the provider complaint that i was calling out with numbers that where not mine, and that screw up his billing on me so hi threaten to shut my account down... I discovered that it did so when i call-forward to an external number like my cellphone, it uses the callers nr and make a call with that to my cell. I solved this by making a tranlation rule that makes all outgoing numbers transate to one of mine numbers.

and now i wonder if this can be made in a other better way, without the translation rule?

Grateful for any help!

//Kristoffer

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Translation-rule is the proper way. And your ITSP should learn something from traditional telcos. If you call with the correct or wrong number, be sure you are billed anyway :)

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Translation-rule is the proper way. And your ITSP should learn something from traditional telcos. If you call with the correct or wrong number, be sure you are billed anyway :)

yeah I thought so to, but am new at this telephony stuff so i didn?t want to argue... :)

When I've answered before I must have a been a little sleepy. There is an easier way: configure "clid" under DP.

Thanks for the nice rating and good luck!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: