Views
Helpful
Replies

ccme, call-forward with sip

krille_com
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

im running callmanager express 4.1 with sip trunk to ITSP.

now the provider complaint that i was calling out with numbers that where not mine, and that screw up his billing on me so hi threaten to shut my account down... I discovered that it did so when i call-forward to an external number like my cellphone, it uses the callers nr and make a call with that to my cell. I solved this by making a tranlation rule that makes all outgoing numbers transate to one of mine numbers.

and now i wonder if this can be made in a other better way, without the translation rule?

Grateful for any help!

//Kristoffer

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Translation-rule is the proper way. And your ITSP should learn something from traditional telcos. If you call with the correct or wrong number, be sure you are billed anyway :)

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Translation-rule is the proper way. And your ITSP should learn something from traditional telcos. If you call with the correct or wrong number, be sure you are billed anyway :)

yeah I thought so to, but am new at this telephony stuff so i didn?t want to argue... :)

When I've answered before I must have a been a little sleepy. There is an easier way: configure "clid" under DP.

Thanks for the nice rating and good luck!