cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How do I get hardware inventory from various Switches ?

Hi All,

I need to find out Serial Numbers, and part numbers for each item in the Chassis/Switch ( including power supply, sup modules, msfc2's, switch blades, etc). Can you please help ?

I have tried various commands for example "Show Inventory" and "show module" and "show system". but not much luck.

I have Cisco 3548, C6509, c6000, C4006 and C2940 and C2950 models and all at remote locations. It is not possible to perform a physical audit for this activity. Is it possible to get details for each item in some kind of format ? or Do I have to use "show version" and then match each item myself ?

Regards

Shaheen

9 Replies 9

Hi

thanks for this helpful link.

I am still not able to get the Serial numbers and part number for the power supplies of C4006.

Is there a command which can give me a full hardware inventry in formatted manner ?

Regards

Shaheen

Hi Shaheen,

For Serial Numbers and Part Numbers of the Power Supplies and other additional Units you need to have a Physical Access to the Devices.

"Show Version" , "Show Inventory" command will not help you to get this details.

PLS RATE if HELPS

Best Regards,

Guru Prasad R

for switches runnign CATOS you can get serial numbers for each module by "show mod " , "show version" for the chassis serial etc.. show mod should be able to get you all doughter cards installed...msfc pfc serials etc..

HTH

Jorge

Jorge Rodriguez

Hi All,

I am still not able to find the Serial numbers for the Power Supply Units in 4006 Switches. Show Ver and Show module output does not include this info.

The Switch runs following software :(WS-C4006 Software, Version NmpSW: 6.4(18).

I am not allowed to powerdown/remove the power supply to physically read it from the Units. Serial Numbers are labled inside the Power Supplies. Power Supplies do not have model/serial numbers on the outside body.

Can anyone help ?

any help will be much appreciated !!

Regards

Shaheen

on these switches if you do " show sys " it will only give you the power supply type which is WS-X4008, to get the serial number you will have take it out.

The C4006 has three power supplies, when you issue " show sys " look for PS1-type, PS2-type and PS3-type, if you see WS-X4008 on all of them you can run the switch with two power supplies, remove one while the other two supplies run the switch, record the serial and place it back in switch.. repeat on the rest.

Jorge Rodriguez

Hi Jorgemcse,

Yes, that is correct and I have already established that. But my customer does not allow me to do in this way. Is there any other way to do this ?

by any command or by SNMP ???

Thanks

Shaheen

Hi Shaheen, I don't know if it would be possibly to get serial numbers off power supplies on the c4006 switches via snmp at least on the old c4006's , way to find out would be to test it seting up snmp server and pool hardware info

anyone else can comment on this one.

Jorge Rodriguez

muca
Level 3
Level 3

Have u tried using Cisco Network Assistant?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card