cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

MS SQL Server KB 906954

Arnie.Holder
Level 1
Level 1

We are currently running CCM 4.1(2) and IPCC 6.0. Both use SQL Server 2000 SP3.

We have a link to the HDS servers from another SQL Server which pulls things like the Termination Call Detail records every night. We are going to be upgrading that server to SQL Server 2005 x64-bit edition. There is a known problem which has been identified in the Microsoft KB found here:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/906954

We have this issue currently which according to the KB, means the stored procedures were not upgraded properly. The "fix" is to manually upgrade the stored procedures with the instcat.sql script.

I see no reason that this should really affect anything in our ICM environment. I contacted our support team who instructed me that there is no support for this script.

On the other hand, this seems very benign to me. My question is has anyone done this? Does anyone know of anything I should consider before running this script?

3 Replies 3

Gergely Szabo
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hello,

what _exactly_ are you pulling from the ICM HDS database? And how (replication perhaps)?

Actually, if I don't think it would affect the IPCC as such...

We are pulling a number of things, particularly from the Termination Call Detail. We are copying the data using a linked server. That is where the problem is when trying to use linked servers that are 64-bit connecting to a SQL 2000 SP3 or 4 server that doesn't have these stored procedures. Should it screw anything up? No. But I'm hoping someone here has already tried it and could share their success or failure.

Just curious if you ran into any problems upgrading the stored procedures via the instcat script. I have to run this on our HDS and RGR databases since our Data Warehouse team is migrating over to SQL 2005. Any, "Gotchas" that you would want to discuss will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Damon