cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CCM 4.2 - Two Network Interfaces

abartolomeu
Level 1
Level 1

I have two network interfaces on the callmanager server. I would like to use both. I need to create a SIP trunk that listens on both.

What should I do?

7 Replies 7

shikamarunara
Level 4
Level 4

I think the only thing you can set up is a bindle for both of the NICs, then configure the SIP trunk to point at the assumed IP address for that group. However, this would only work for redundancy (i.e; one fails, the other takes over.)

-Shikamaru

Actually I'm using one interface for everything except for this specific SIP trunk. For this trunk I need to use the other. How do I allow this?

Why are you trying to do this?

-Shikamaru

It's only a solution design's issue. It's a front-end/back-end topology.

I don't think segmenting a SIP trunk to a different interface solves anything. If you're concerned with redundancy, you can solve that with a NIC bundle. In fact, I'm pretty sure that this is going to cause a LOT more trouble than it will fix.

-Shikamaru

so are you going to configure private IP on the local interface (first NIC) for say IP phones and a public IP on the outside interface (second NIC) for SIP trunk to be reachable by internet without being behinfd NAT?

/majdi

It's not for redundancy.

Both NIC's are private but one "belongs" to the front-end and the other to the back-end.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: