cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

i formatted ids 4235 and installed window xp...

tbjeon
Level 1
Level 1

i formatted ids 4235 and installed window xp...

pls advise me how to recover.

4 Replies 4

srue
Level 7
Level 7

uh...wow.

use a recovery image. you'll need some sort of smartnet contract to download it...unless a disk came with it that has the image on it.

marcabal
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You won't be able to use a "Recovery" image.

The "Recovery Image" requires a running sensor since it only replaces Some of the files.

What you need is a full Recovery CD that will reformat the disk and load everything from scratch.

There is an ISO Image for the Full Recovery CD available on CCO so you can download the ISO image and then using a CD burner you can burn your own Recovery CD.

Latest ISO Image is: IPS-K9-cd-1.1-a-6.0-3-E1.iso

It is available from:

http://www.cisco.com/cgi-bin/tablebuild.pl/ips6-system

NOTE: The difference in the Recovery Image file which is IPS-K9-r-1.1-a-6.0-3-E1.pkg and the CD ISO Image file IPS-K9-cd-1.1-a-6.0-3-E1.pkg is that the Recovery image file gets installed on a running system and updates an existing Recovery Partition while the CD ISO Image allows you to create a Recovery CD that erases the disk and starts the install from scratch.

Be aware that for systems with a CD Drive we have what are called System Image files that perform similar to the CD. They can be installed through ROMMON or similar utility and will erase the current disk/flash and install from scratch. Each type of sensor will have either a CD ISO Image OR a System Image for installing from scratch, and all sensors will have Recovery Images that can be used with a sensor that is already in good working order and does not need complete replacement of all files.

A Recovery Image has a -r- in the filename, a CD ISO Image has a -cd- in the filename, and a System Image has a -sys- in the filename.

But as Steven Rue mentioned, you Will need an up to date maintenance contract to ensure you have access to the file from cisco.com, and also to be able to apply any later signature updates on to the sensor.

"uh.. wow" sure sums it up. :LOL:

Why would you install XP on a sensor??? Never mind, I don't want to know.

info
Level 1
Level 1

Hahaha too funny... now come clean this was a joke right? :-)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card