cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Instructions for config files on VPN client

rolandshum
Level 1
Level 1

I'm looking to deploy the 5.0.00 client on about 150 pc's. Is there a way for me to create a config file that will have the settings so I can have the users easily install the app on their own?

5 Replies 5

pstebner1
Level 1
Level 1

Roland-

Sure. Set it up on your pc, and there will be a connection profile created that resides in C:\PROGRAM FILES\CISCO SYSTEMS\VPN CLIENT\PROFILES that will be called *****.pcf - whatever you named the connection. This file can be distributed with the client, and all the user needs to do is click on the import button on the client and point to that .pcf file.

HTH,

Paul

I think if you have a profiles folder with the .pcf located in the installation directory, the profiles will be imported during the install.

I tried it and it doesn't work. I was told there is a utility that makes an .exe file that will import the profiles automatically. Has anyone heard of this?

Will a version 4.6 pcf work with version 5?

It should I used a version 3.x pcf with version 5 and it worked.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: