cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Lost OSPF adjacentcy

wilson_1234_2
Level 3
Level 3

We have a PIX 6.3 that has been working with no problems, suddenly we lost the OSPF adjacentcy to our edge router.

I can see the Neighbor in the edge router and the database has the routes, but they are not populating the route tables of the edge router and the PIX is not getting the default route from the edge router.

Debugs show I am getting the hello from the pix, but they a re not updating each other's route tables.

The PIX also sees the edge router.

I can see the PIX knows the edge route is a neighbor, but does not get the default route from the PIX.

The inside network should be getting the degfault route from the PIX, instead, it is getting it from our MPLS router, which it should do under faulover conditions.

The routes are not getting to the edge router at all from the PIX and they were before.

All physical connections are good.

Are there any suggestions where to look?

3 Replies 3

Edison Ortiz
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Make sure you aren't facing any MTU mismatch between the neighbors and they are both in the same area with compatible network types.

Are you using the default network type (Broadcast) ? If so, who is the DR ?

Can you post configs ?

You can also try turning debug on ip ospf hello and verify the PIX is not blocking multicast packets.

Thanks for the reply.

This was working until this morning, what could have changed?

I have the router set to ignore ospf MTU on the interface that should be forming the adjacency.

I can see the hello from the PIX getting to the router.

There is another PIX in the same lan connection that is showing the edge router as DOWN/DROTHER

Can you post configs ?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card