cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Size too big for TFTP during upgrade image!!!

jolo07310
Level 5
Level 5

Try to upgrade CME 3.3 to 4.1

Anyone has experience during upgrade image, thats tell you the size is too big for TFTP, please increase the block size. I change the setting at tftp, but it is still same thing.

I have to copy the image to USB flash driver and stick into 2800 series router.

Then I copy from USB to flash.

Actually, it happened to me a few times already. I Thought it is my tftp problem, but couple friends of mine has same problem.

I use PumpKIN or solarwinds tftp.

Thanks

7 Replies 7

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Can you try tftpd32 (free) under any PC. works fine for me.

Hope this helps, please rate post if it does!

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Kenneth,

As Paolo so nicely noted tftp32 should work without issues. Here is the download link;

http://tftpd32.jounin.net/tftpd32_download.html

Hope this helps!

Rob

I was having this problem with multiple TFTP clients.  Thank you very much for posting the program and link!  Works perfect now.

Worked for me! Thank you!

Most of the TFTP clients choke on anything greater than 16MB. I personally use the TFTP32 client the others speak about but am shocked to learn your Solarwinds TFTP isn't working because I have that on another machine and it works fine. Try the other TFTP32 client and if it doesn't work, let us know and I will try exactly what you are doing...

Solarwinds TFTP server has this problem. Most public domain software do not have this problem.

I am using TFTPSuitePro2000, it came with a non-cisco switch but works perfectly.

Jan

use FTP.

TFTP has problems with large files.

G.