cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

TFTP Block size too big to upgrade Image???

jolo07310
Level 5
Level 5

Anyone has experience during upgrade image, thats tell you the size is too big for TFTP, please increase the block size. I change the setting at tftp, but it is still same thing.

I have to copy the image to USB flash driver and stick into 2800 series router.

Then I copy from USB to flash.

Actually, it happened to me a few times already. I Thought it is my tftp problem, but couple friends of mine has same problem.

I use PumpKIN or solarwinds tftp. Anyone know how to fix it?

Thanks

4 Replies 4

palukuri77
Level 1
Level 1

Please try with tftpd32 software. Its a popular software recommended by Cisco even.

Edison Ortiz
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You will encounter problem with files above 32MB.

Either use tftpd32 as suggested in the other post, or use ftp as the transport protocol.

I much prefer using ftp if the IOS supports it. Much faster than tftp.

Hi,

Totally agree with Edison, ftp is much reliable than tftp especially when it is done remotely, but still tftpd32 is a nice alternative to solve the issue of large IOSs.

HTH,

Mohammed Mahmoud.

We encountered same problem using SolarWinds and 3Com TFTP servers. Linux TFTP daemon works fine.

Another solution is to use actual FTP, but software suggested by Edison and Mohammed is an easier way.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: