cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

time of day call routing

jjoseph01
Level 3
Level 3

Anyone know how to do "time of day" call routing? I need to be able to configure callmanager 4.1 to take a call on one internal number during the day and a different one during the night. Anyone know how to do that?

5 Replies 5

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi John,

Have a look at this excellent Cisco "Time of Day Routing" learning module. Really found this the most useful;

http://www.cisco.com/E-Learning/bulk/public/celc/CMToD/player.html

Hope this helps!

Rob

jbarcena
Level 9
Level 9

If you want to send all incoming calls to voice mail or another ext on non-business-hours please follow this procedure:

Lets assume that you want the phone to ring from 9 to 5:15 and the rest of the day and during the weekend it should go to voice mail or another extension, and that you have a range of extensions that you want to apply this configuration for, (3xxx).

1) configure time periods.

a) configure a time period, (ring hrs) from 9 to 5:15 from Monday to Friday.

b) configure a time period, (after hrs), from 5:15 to 00:00 from Monday to Friday.

c) configure a time period, (before hrs), from 00:00 to 8:00 from Monday to Friday.

d) configure a time period, (weekends), from 00:00 to 24:00 from Saturday to Sunday.

2) configure a time schedules.

a) configure a time schedule, (ring), and add the "ring hrs" time period.

b) configure a time schedule, (no ring), and add the "after hrs", the "before hrs" and the "weekends" time periods.

3) configure partitions.

a) configure a partition, (RingHrs), and add the time schedule "ring" to this new partition.

b) configure a partition, (NoRingHrs), and add the time schedule "no ring" to this new partition.

c) configure a partition, (PhoneTOD)

d) configure a partition, (CTI_TOD)

4) configure calling search spaces

a) add the partition "RingHrs" to the calling search spaces that would be able to reach the phone by checking the TOD, (you must apply this to the CSS of the GW if the TOD would apply for incoming calls, if the TOD would also apply for internal calls you must apply this to the CSS of the internal phones also)

b) add the partition "NoRingHrs" to the calling search spaces that would be able to reach the phone by checking the TOD, (you must apply this to the CSS of the GW if the TOD would apply for incoming calls, if the TOD would also apply for internal calls you must apply this to the CSS of the internal phones also)

c) add the partition "PhoneTOD" to the calling search spaces that would be able to reach the phone directly, without checking the TOD.

5) configure CTI

a) configure a CTI port or route point with an extension 3XXX, (or the extension itself, if this is for only 1 phone) and use the partition "CTI_TOD", configure the line as call forward all to the number you want to, (or check the CFA to voice mail checkbox)

6) configure translation patterns

a) configure a translation pattern, (3XXX), use the partition "RingHrs", and use a calling search space that has the partition "PhoneTOD" in it, (this would be the translation pattern that would be able to reach the phone).

b) configure a translation pattern, (3XXX), use the partition "NoRingHrs", and use a calling search space that has the partition "CTI_TOD" in it, (this would be the translation pattern that would NOT be able to reach the phone).

c) if you want to configure a 'bypass' for the TOD add a translation pattern, (1.3XXX), use partition none or another partition that can be reach by the user of this bypass, and use a calling search space that can reach the "PhoneTOD" partition.

Hi Jorge,

This is really a superior answer! One of the best I've seen. 5 points from this end for sure :)

Take care and thanks for your great work!

Rob

Hi,

I would like to know how to do "time of day" Call Routing? I need to be able to configure Call Manager 5.1 to take a call on one internal number during the day and a different one during the night. There is somebody to help me to do that?

It's pretty much the same procedure in CCM 5.1, so you can follow my previous recommendations without any problems, also take a look to the attached document.

HTH

//Jorge

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: